Chelle loves writing stories of Passion & Suspense and has the following novels currently on the market: Bartlett’s Rule; His Lucky Charm; Within the Law; Courage of the Heart; Hostage Heart; A Chaunce of Riches; Common Bond, Tangled Hearts; Final Sin; Hyphema; and Karma Visited. Her other works include the EMS Novels Bundle Pack (contains both Final Sin and Hyphema); Until the Ambulance Arrives (a layman’s guide to help dealing with a medical emergency); The Many Faces of Chelle Cordero (a short story anthology); and 60+ Days to Live, Breathe and Write (based on the long running and successful Amazon Kindle blog Living, Breathing, Writing)
Several of Chelle Cordero’s books have won various accolades including:
- Hyphema won the Dec 9, 2011 Friday Book Cover Vote on the Shades of Love website & was recommended in the book Summer Reading: 2012 Blue Ribbon Selection published by the Ewen Prime Co.
- Final Sin was an Honorable Mention in the Fiction Category of the 2010 NY Book Festival & a 2009 Pushcart Prize nominee.
- Popular trade magazine EMSWorld posted about Final Sin & Hyphema.
- Bartlett’s Rule was named one of Carolyn Howard Johnson’s Top Ten Reads for 2009
- A Chaunce of Riches was Winner of D. Renee Bagby’s readers’ choice for The Best Overall First Chapter, April 2010
- 60+ Days to LIVE, BREATHE, & WRITE Writer’s Book Selected as Writer’s Groups ‘Textbook’
- Karma Visited was featured in USA Today – Happy Ever After – Nov. 7, 2013
About the author:
Chelle Cordero grew up in the Bronx, New York City, the younger daughter of Reva and Marcy Cordero. She studied Theatre Arts/Drama at the High School of Art and Design and Fordham University at Lincoln Center. She married photographer and AudioVisual consultant Mark Engelman in 1975 and lives in Rockland County, New York; they have two children – Jenni Salomon and Marc Engelman.
Ms. Cordero is a freelance writer whose articles have appeared in various publications including The Journal News, Hudson Valley Magazine, Emergency Magazine, Spotlight, Auto Trim News, EMS Products, Sound Management Magazine, Creator’s News supplements, and more. Cordero also writes a monthly column on NYS (EMS) Emergency Medical Service issues in 1st Responder Newspaper.
After meeting and becoming engaged while Auxiliary Police Officers in NYC, Chelle and her husband Mark spent nearly three decades (each) as volunteers in their local EMS system in Rockland County, New York as riding EMTs and in various leadership positions; they were at the helm of their ambulance corps during Superstorm Sandy and also ran a shelter for those who needed during and after the storm; Both of their children and their daughter’s husband and son’s wife also served in various leadership positions in the ambulance corps. Jenni, Marc and his wife Trish have careers in NYS EMS. The premier issue of Rockland Magazine (fall 2005 from The Journal News [pre-Trish]) featured an article on the family’s volunteerism.
Chelle combines research and many of her lifelong experiences in her writing to create stories filled with Passion & Suspense. She enjoys being in love and believes that everyone should experience great love and memorable adventures.
You can learn more about Chelle Cordero and her novels and other writing at her author blog at http://chellecordero.blogspot.com/ or her online list of credits and portfolio at http://bylines333.wordpress.com/chelles-resume/.
Chelle welcomes interviews and can be reached by email at ChelleCordero@gmail.com, or by US postal mail at Post Office Box 333, Tomkins Cove NY10986.